JCV & Associates Project Management and Development Inc (“We” or “Our” or “JCVA”) respects and values your privacy and employs reasonable measures to protect your personal information in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“DPA”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and related issuances from the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”).
PII is a concept similar to Personal Information which, under the DPA, refers to any information from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained, or, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When registering on or using Our Applications and Services, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your preferred username, name, email address, residence address, birthday, gender, occupation, civil status, nationality, contact number, home address or other details. We encrypt user's confidential data (such as password and etc.) when storing to Our database.
To facilitate your use of Our Services and Applications, we may also collect your transaction data, and the details concerning the service that you’re using which may involve PII (such as: address of the property you want to sell, lease, or buy; name of the property owner; purchase price; personal information of your broker or agent; corporate information such as registration documents, list of shareholders,etc. .
If you contact the Service Provider Service Center, the Service Provider will collect information you provide about the problem you are reporting about the Service and may keep a copy of that information.
Our Applications offer informational services, where you can view or share information or collaborate with other people. Upon registering on Our Applications, information posted or shared using Our informational services would definitely be public. Such public information includes the messages and comments you post, your name and display name, as well as the information you choose to make public through your profile settings.
WHEN AND HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect information from you when you register, enter information on, and share information through Our Applications. We may also collect information when you contact or engage Our real estate brokers and employees pursuant to your use of Our Services.
During the course of your usage of Our Applications, other users, our service providers, partners, brokers, and other third parties may collect from you physical and/or electronic documents bearing personal information.
WHY DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information We collect from you for the following purposes:
1. Facilitation of delivery of services that you avail on Our Applications or through Our employees and agents;
2. Facilitation of transactions made through Our Applications and/or Services;
3. Sign-up and distribution of Our newsletter;
4. Facilitation of the conduct of surveys or other research;
5. Dissemination of marketing communication;
6. Personalization of your user experience through the delivery of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
7. Provision of information about products and real estate properties that may be of interest to you;
8. To contact you in case you have inquiries or issues with Our Applications and/or Services;
9. To facilitate the conduct of audits or to investigate a complaint or security threat;
10. To enforce Our agreements with you, including Our Services’ Terms and Conditions;
11. Improvement of Our Applications to better serve you;
12. To establish exercise, or defend legal claims; and
13. To fulfill any other purposes directly related to the purposes stated above.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties for the following purposes:
1. To respond to law enforcement authority or other government regulatory bodies’ requests;
2. To prevent physical harm or financial loss;
3. To conduct audits, including operational, risk, compliance, financial, and anti-fraud and corruption audits, and/or investigate a Complaint or security threat;
4. To comply with Our management responsibilities and policies, which are necessary for Our organizational functioning;
5. To comply with statutory requirements;
6. To facilitate the performance of services through Our Applications and Services;
7. To comply with valid retrieval requests;
8. To facilitate the detection of internal and external threats to Our operations;
9. To facilitate the implementation of mitigation and prevention measures in response to internal and external threats; and
10. To comply with legal obligations, including, but not limited to, contractual obligations that would permit us to deliver Our services to you.
We may transfer your personal information to third parties as required by contract, law or legal instrument to protect Our rights or assets, to facilitate the acquisition or disposition of Our businesses, and in emergencies where health or safety of a person is endangered.
We will not sell, rent, share, trade, or disclose any of your personal data to any other party without your prior recorded consent, with the exception of any third-party service providers which We have engaged, whose services necessarily require the processing of your personal information.
The following are the third parties to whom your personal information may be disclosed:
1. Government agencies and regulatory bodies;
2. Third party service providers, contractors, consultants engaged by the Company to perform enhancements and upgrades to the website/platform
3. Law enforcement agencies, when necessary;
4. Other users of Our Applications, in the event of disputes or incidents of fraud;
Your personal information shall be retained or stored for as long as the purposes for which they are being processed have not been satisfied. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements:
1. Forms and documents containing your personal information may be stored in physical documents and stored within Our premises. Our premises has sufficient physical and organizational security mechanisms in place such as biometric security system, closed-circuit television, 24-hour building security and traditional lock and key accessible only by authorized personnel;
2. Forms and documents containing your personal information may also be digitized and stored on Our systems hosted on-site or within the premises of an authorized third-party service provider.
3. We shall ensure, using contractual and other reasonable means, that the Third-Party Service Provider implements proper safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data processed, prevent its use for unauthorized purposes, and comply with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other applicable laws for processing of personal data, and other issuances of the National Privacy Commission.
DO WE USE 'COOKIES'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
1. To help us remember and process the items in your saved selections;
2. To help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services;
3. To help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that We can offer better site experiences and tools in the future; and
4. To help us understand and save user preferences in your future Application visits.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on Our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won't affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of Our services will not function properly.
Occasionally, at Our discretion, We may include or offer third party products or services on Our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, We seek to protect the integrity of Our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
DATA PROTECTION MEASURES
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information We collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that We collect and store.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
You have the following rights under the DPA, which you may exercise at your discretion:
a. The right to access personal information
Under the DPA, it is possible for individuals to request access to any of their personal information We hold, subject to certain restrictions. A request for disclosure of such information is called a subject access request. Any such requests should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer.
b. The right to make corrections to personal information
The DPA requires us to take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data it processes is accurate and up-to-date. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to the personal information that you have supplied to us during the course of your engagement.
c. The right to object to the processing of personal information
d. The right to erasure or blocking of personal information
You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal information from Our filing system.
e. The right to be informed of the existence of processing of personal information
You have the right to be informed whether personal information pertaining to you shall be, is being, or have been processed, including the existence of automated decision-making and profiling.
f. The right to damages
Upon presentation of a valid decision, We recognize your right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information, taking into account any violation of your rights and freedoms as a data subject.
g. The right to lodge a complaint before the NPC.
COMPLAINTS, CONCERNS, ACCESS, AND QUESTIONS
In case of complaints, concerns, or questions regarding the processing of your personal information, you may address them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.